Sunday, 23 December 2012

London Trip 2012


Last week I had the pleasure of being able to stay down in London for two nights with my friend at University, and boy was it an action packed few days! During the day I was seeing the sights, attending various exhibitions, art galleries and museums and by night I was seated in a theatre ready and waiting to see some sort of live performance.

On my way to Hogwarts at Kings Cross...

When I wasn't wishing/pretending that I was on my way to Hogwarts, I was rushing here, there and everywhere, immersing myself in all things London.

One of the exhibitions that I went to see is 'A Bigger Splash' at the Tate Modern, which I had eagerly been anticipated for a while. However, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be - and I will be writing an exhibition review stating why very soon!

Another exhibition that I got the chance to see whilst down in London, was 'Constable, Gainsborough, Tuner and the Making of Landscape' at the Royal Academy. Sadly, this was another exhibition that I wasn't really impressed about. The collection itself was fascinating and beautiful, however, it didn't live up to the expectations that I had of it sadly. 


On my first night down in London I got the chance to see the musician and comedian Bill Bailey at the Apollo. It was brilliant! Bill Bailey is a genius in my eyes, intertwining music and humour - he had me in stitches and I would recommend anyone and everyone to go and see him if you get the chance.  
 

I was lucky enough to be taken to see the 'Woman in Black' as a late birthday present, and oh my it was great! Seated up in the gods, the spooky and eeire feeling crept upon me, and I fell fully immersed in the ghost story. Unfortunately, it wasn't as scary as many people made out, and I think that may have been due to the fact that I had seen the film adaptation before seeing it in the theatre. However, I still thoroughly enjoyed it, and it had me covered in goosebumps and on the edge of my seat throughout. 

Overall, my trip to London was a success! I had a fantastic time, getting the feel for the city and it has reinforced my desire to move down there at some point in my life! 

Here are a few photos that I took on my phone whilst I was there - (I'm apologising in advance for the shocking quality, I am aiming to upgrade my phone soon!)

Me getting crushed on the tube...
Christmas has arrived at Covent Garden!



A Macaroon Christmas tree!
A Aztec Crystal Skull - real or fake?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...