Sunday, 8 September 2013

Internship at Apollo Magazine

The latest edition of Apollo Magazine!

Gosh, this summer seems to be the 'internship special'! In fact, since June I have completed nearly three internships in three different cities!

On Saturday I packed my bags, and headed down to the capital city - London, to begin a two week internship at Apollo Magazine. Filled with nerves and excitement, on Tuesday morning I entered the office ready and raring to go!

Apollo Magazine is one of the leading Art Magazines in the UK, exploring a mixture of traditional and classical work, all the way to contemporary and modern pieces. A definite wide variety. This is one of the aspects that
really attracted me to completely an internship here at Apollo, the fact that it is so diverse means that it encompasses all aspects of the art world without ignoring one. I sometimes feel that some areas of art history get neglected because maybe they're deemed by some as 'too boring', or 'irrelevant in today's society' - and I think nay!

Located in the heart of London in Westminster, I am having an amazing time so far, and this is only day 4! My role is to help our assistant and head  editors, and I am currently in the process of completing some research for
an article for the November issue. Alas, I cannot tell anymore on the matter as it is top secret! But it's definitely very interesting.

Even though I've only been here for a week, I've been given an invaluable and precious opportunity into seeing the processes and practices behind the working of an arts magazine. Currently we are in the middle of press week
for the October Issue, so I was warned for chaos - but everyone here is calm and collected... So far! Which is probably the best environment that you can look for in a work place at such a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...