So after a grueling two months of hard work, late nights, a terrible diet and just general 'c-b-a-ing', exams are finally over! Summer 2013 has started.
This summer will prove to be an incredibly busy one for myself. I am currently interning at an awesome local magazine here at York called One & Other, and will be here for a total of two weeks. Today is my third day in the office, and I'm having such a great time. So far, I have written articles about the up-and-coming York Festival of Ideas that takes over the city and various areas at the University of York. This is the first time that I've encountered the Festival, and it sounds pretty immense. There is so much going on that people can sink their teeth into. There are events about all things science, food, health, history, film, art and literature related - but that's not even he half of it! Some of the highlights for me includes a one-night only talk from poet Seamus Heaney (who is one of my Granny's favourites!), and a talk from one of the directors of Chicken Run and Wallace and Gromit, Peter Lord. I also conducted my first interview yesterday which was really interesting. The article that will follow up soon is about two young guys who on the 30th July 2013 will set off on an epic 3,500 km journey across Denmark to Portugal, raising money for the charities RNLI and the Yorkshire Air Ambulance. To make this adventure even more epic, they hope to complete it in three months and will travel using only a longboard - to those who don't know what a longboard is, it's a longer version of skateboard. After speaking to Tom, one of the guys taking part in the adventure, it was obvious how excited and passionate they are about their trip - so all the best to them! (If you want to find out any more I'll be posting the link to my article soon, or you can click to see their facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/Skatetotheend)
After I finish interning at One & Other I will be starting a curatorial internship at the Liverpool Biennial, which I'm incredibly excited about.
Well, I better get on with my work! Keep checking for more updates soon as I hope to attend a few more art exhibitions now that I'm freeeeee!!
No comments:
Post a Comment