Thursday, 4 July 2013

End of internship at One&Other

After a fantastic two weeks I have finished my internship at One&Other Magazine. My role involved a variety of tasks which really tested my skills. During my time interning at One&Other various tasks involved writing and researching articles, proofing and editing, and helping with the editorial fashion shoot for the magazine. I had an absolutely awesome time, and feel that during my internship my skills were enhanced. It's definitely given me the drive to do more work within the journalism sector! The various articles that I wrote included pieces on local news, as well as culture related items. During my time I was also asked by the editor of the magazine to complete an article that would be printed in the hard-copy magazine! I was over joyed to be asked to write something for the magazine, especially as I was asked within only a couple of days into my internship. I was given 500 words (which for me is hardly any!) to write an article on York-born artist, Keith Hopewell, aka Part2ism. I was able to contact Part2ism, and got a great interview with him. In addition to the printed article for One&Other, I've decided to complete an extended interview article with Part2ism for an magazine I write for, HardZine - so watch this space!

I had a brilliant time throughout my internship at One&Other, and have been invited back, so hopefully I may be able to one day a week or something when I go back to York next term.

You can see my article here on the online version of One&Other magazine:  (Page 23-24)  http://www.oneandother.com/magazine/the-exploration-issue/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...