Wednesday, 3 July 2013
Wimbledon 2013
On Thursday 27th July, I went down to Wimbledon with my boyfriend to watch some matches on Centre Court! Going to Wimbledon this year was a bit of a last minute adventure. For around the last 10 years I have always gone to Wimbledon with my family, and last year I even worked at the Championships. So, you can imagine my heart-break when I found out that we didn't manage to get any tickets for the tournament through either the ballot or through our club this year.
Despite not physically getting any tickets, me and my boyfriend decided we'd go down any way, and either camp or queue up. However, after talking to some people whilst on my internship they enlightened me that you can now purchase returned Centre Court tickets on a website called Ticket Master. Well, I was adamant that you couldn't do this, but it turns out that you can!
So, on Tuesday at 12pm we sat in the living room with our laptops frantically tapping away at the hope of securing some Centre Court tickets. As time passed, we lost most of our hope. Until, out of now where among the mindless clicking away - my screen changed! 'Congratulations, you have got a pair of tickets for Centre Court, Wimbledon'!! I couldn't believe my eyes! I was going to Wimbledon after all.
I was pretty relived that we managed to get some tickets online, because I'm not very good/keen on camping. In theory, I really like the idea of camping and it sounds like great fun. But, I think I'm too attached to my hairdryer and shower. Plus, the fringe would end up looking at mess by the morning! So in reality, I was saving everyone from the horror of my morning hair!
Sadly, I didn't have my canon camera with my zoom lense with me, so I wasn't able to take any amazing photos. But, I still had my phone with me which is better than nothing.
We had a great time at Wimbledon. We had to get to Wimbledon quite early to pick up our tickets, so whilst we were walking around we noticed that Serena Williams was practicing on one of the outside courts, so we went and watched her play for a while. Then, we had the pleasure of watching the likes of Del Potro and Djokovic on Centre Court. I was thrilled to find out that we were seeing Djokovic, because he (as well as Federer) is one of the top players that I haven't watched in person, so it was great to see him play.
Overall, I had a fantastic time. There's just something about Wimbledon. It's become a tradition going to Wimbledon for my family, so being able to get the tickets was a dream came true. Whilst down in London I also got the results for my second year - and I passed! So that made the trip even more special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment