Saturday, 4 August 2012

Olympic Torch in Liverpool

So now that we're getting stuck into the Olympics I thought I'd join in the anticipation and excitement that is building up I thought I'd post a few of the best photos that I took when the Olympic torch came to Liverpool. We were outside the Medical Institute in Liverpool when one of the Doctors of the hospital was carrying the torch. As you can see it was absolutely packed there! So many people had come to see the torch.

Sadly I haven't got any tickets to see any of the events (we never actually applied so that's our own fault!) and I was meant to be working at the tennis at Wimbledon for the Olympics but something came up alas so I am not any more.

 

After the torch had been taken around Liverpool there was a big concert event during the evening down by the river Mersey which we ventured down to. Unfortunately we weren't very close to the action so the photos that I took weren't great but here they are. The Wombats were playing too which were pretty cool. They were the first gig I went to! Fond memories.

   

What have been the sports that you've been watching at the Olympics? The events I've been glued to are the tennis, diving (come on Tom Daley!), swimming and cycling! Scrap that. Pretty much everything!

PS. Come on Team GB and well done for all the medals so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...