For those who don't know who Alexa Chung is, where have you been the last 5 years?! Alexa is the current 'Brit it girl', who is a model turned presenter turned dj turned writer. What can't this girl do. The urban-dictionary definition for 'it girl' is the following:
"The "It Girl" is the girl that EVERYONE wants to be. She has everything that you want so you tend to envy her. She does all the things that you can't do so you grow to hate her. Being an "It Girl" is having the latest shits, (the best clothing and always stays fly) and the prettiest face. ALL the guys Want her and ALL the girls want to be her!"
This is who Alexa is said to be. I've been a huge fan of Alexa for years now, as she used to present shows I watched growing up. The one thing I love about her is her sense of style. A mixture of feminine, hipster, geek-chic and tomboy, she pulls this style off effortlessly - I am so jealous.
I've decided to compile a few of my favourite Alexa styles below with some cheaper alternatives so you too (and me next pay day) can re-create the Alexa look.
The various main staples of the look of Alexa Chung...
The Biker Jacket
The biker jacket is a versatile wardrobe piece that is a must. As Alexa shows it works with skinny jeans, shorts and dresses.
You too can get this look from topshop!
(http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=4486624&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208526&parent_categoryId=203984&pageSize=200&refinements=Colour{1}~[black]&noOfRefinements=1)The Little Black Dress
Every woman needs a Little Black Dress. Alexa rocks the little black dress alone, with a shirt underneath it and with a unique coat. The little black dress can be worn during the day with black tights, and a leather jacket or at nighttime.
The little black dress can be found in most high street shops but I found these beauties from New Look and Tosphop.
New Look (http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/trousers-and-shorts/black-raw-edge-shorts_248472501)The Shorts
A main staple piece of Alexa's wardrobe are shorts. Either leather or denim, the shorts can be worked with anything. And I mean anything.
Here are two shorts which are very similar to what Alexa wears. Team them with a jumper, t-shirt or blouse to perfect the look!
Urban Outfitters - (http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/vintage-re-made-destroyed-denim-shorts/invt/5414462092856/&bklist=)
Jumpers
Jumpers are a quite touch, and are extremely comfortable yet extremely fashionable as well! Teamed with shorts, skirts and jeans the jumper can be both smart and leisure-wear. Get your own jumper now! One shop that I find get for jumpers if H&M, I have quite a few of their 'Basics' range jumpers from there, and I love them!
Here are a few examples of the jumper you can buy to re-create Alexa's look. (Unfortunately the items below are out of stock but I'll show the image any way!)
Stripes
Striped tops can be found any where, but I've found two I really like. Unfortunately I can't remember which shop I found one of them on! Oh well. To get the Seasalt Cornwall top click here (http://www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/striped_tops/sailor_t-shirt_ecru_french_navy.htm)
Duffle Coat
I think Paddington Bear when ever talk about the duffle coat. The duffle coat can be worn through Autumn, Winter and Spring (probably even Summer in England). The duffle coat is fashionable and works with any other piece of clothing. I own a duffle coat and love it!
With these staple items in your wardrobe you too can rock the Alexa Chung look :) What's your favourite Alexa outfit?
She does have some lovely outfits :) nice choice for a style crush
ReplyDeleteTanesha x
www.tanesa-marie.blogspot.co.uk
Thank you! I just love her style, so laid back. It helps though when you have a figure like hers!
Delete