Saturday, 4 August 2012

This time last year...

So this time last year I was nearing the end of a 5-week visit to my aunt in Chicago, USA. Words, cannot describe the amazing time I had there and if I could do it all over again I would. My grandparents treated me the holiday for my 18th birthday, and so, after the end of my A-Level exams and Prom I was whisked away on my own to Chicago, where I relaxed, shopped, hung out, played tennis and went to New York.


Whilst there I met some of the most awesome, friendly people, and went to two festivals. The first festival was Pitchfork, where I went for the last day. All the bands that we saw were great, and I got the chance to see my own personal favourite - Fleet Foxes. Here is a youtube clip of their performance:

    





I was lucky enough to then go to another festival which is the east-coast version of Coachella, Lollapalooza.  It was amazing. Taking part in the central park of Chicago, Grant Park, there was a definite sense of being in the city. The overall atmosphere was overwhelming. There were several different stages which big artists were playing on. There was so much going on that choosing which stage to go to was difficult! I ended up seeing various acts such as Noah and the Whale, The Cars, Cage the Elephant, deadmau5, Foo Fighters and the Arctic Monkeys. The Arctic Monkeys were actually one of the reasons why I wanted to go as they're a personal favourite of mine. 

During the beginning half of the Sunday at Lollapalooza the sun was out, and it was a beautiful day. I even started to panic slightly in case I got burnt. However, just as I was in the crowd awaiting to see the Arctic Monkeys the heavens opened and I've never got so wet in my life! It was as if the rain was never going to stop! The good news is that as soon as the Arctic Monkeys came the rain stopped and out appeared a beautiful rainbow.

Another good thing about being in the crowd was that I managed to get right to the front during the gig! I'm not too sure how if I'm honest. Part of me thinks it was my British charm, but hey-ho.

Here is a youtube video of the full Arctic Monkeys performance:



 So if you're ever in Chicago during July and August definitely head to these festivals as you're guaranteed to have an amazing time. 


Below is a slideshow of some polaroids from Pitchfork and 2011 festivals. Enjoy. 

5 comments:

  1. I just ran into your blog and it is very cute! And this post is really lovely, maybe we could follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I like yours too, you have such a nice style - absolutely adore your clothes. I'm following you now :)

      Delete
  2. Wow... how amazing of a trip/present was that?!?! We will be going to Chicago in a few months for a trip. I love the music scene there. I can't wait.

    Totally inspired by this post! Following you now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about, I'm extremely lucky! Awesome, I'm jealous! I love Chicago - there's so much to do. So many museums, art galleries and amazing places to see. I'll try and post something about what I did there, and stuff to do etc - so eyes peeled! Thank you, that means a lot :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...